Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Maelstrom II animatic for metal clamp-release/groan test

Chris, Ellen, Greg,

here is my very 1st extremely rough Maelstrom II animatic/edit for the
launch sequence:

http://www.distant-galaxy.com/maelstrom2/edit/JeroenEditFeb9C.mov

This is mainly for Chris to hear his metal groan test sound.

At take off, around 20 seconds into the above clip, I used your
HatchClamps Off.wav,
which I think works quite well for the initial "shove".

However, toward the end at 23 seconds, where Chuck is grimacing in the
3/4 angle,
the MetalGroans.wav sound you chose is too "clanky".

I think we need something more like an aircraft airframe vibrating and
groaning with metal fatigue.
Rather than hearing metal parts clanking together.

My thinking is that each time the capsule passes through an e.m. hoop,
it is getting an e.m. shove every fraction of a second.
This justifies the amount of vibration I'm adding to the image,
and would like to reflect in the sound.

Please let me know what you think.

Greg, please hold off making any master edit changes.
This is my 1st take at this just to get a feel for our elements.

Thanks all!
-jeroen

No comments: